LR-14 | A/C Service Port Repair Kit
- For tightening valve cores that become loose and allow refrigerant to leak out
- Includes valve core tool, popular replacement valve cores, and low- and high-side valve protective caps
1. With engine off, remove protective dust caps from high- and low-side service ports and discard them.
2. Tighten valve cores in a clockwise direction with the tool provided. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. Apply soapy liquid to check for leaks.
3. If valve cores are still leaking, remove them with the valve core tool provided by turning the valve cores in a counterclockwise direction. NOTE: The system must be completely empty and under no pressure before removing the valve cores. If refrigerant remains in the system, it must first be removed using the proper evacuation equipment.
4. Once the old valve cores are removed, discard. Install new valve cores provided with valve core tool by inserting them into the service port and turning counterclockwise until tight.
5. Evacuate and charge system to proper fill.
6. Install new protective dust caps.