461 | Certified A/C Pro® R-12 Recharge Hose Kit
- R-12 Recharge Hose Kit comes with everything needed to connect and charge a can of R-12 through the low-pressure service port
- Kit comes with a recharge hose, can tap and locking dispenser clamp
- Turn the dispensing valve handle counterclockwise until the piercing stem is in the upright position. This will prevent accidental piercing of the R-12 can.
- Slide the locking clamp onto the top of the R-12 can. Rotate the lever into the closed position.
- Screw the dispensing valve into the locking clamp. Make sure there is a tight fit against the top of the R-12 can.
- Screw one end of the hose onto the dispensing valve.
- Locate the low-side service port of the auto air conditioner. Remove the dust cover. Screw the hose onto the service port. NEVER TRY TO CHARGE THROUGH THE HIGH-SIDE SERVICE PORT.
- Start engine. Turn air conditioner to maximum cool.
- Turn dispensing valve handle clockwise until the piercing stem has punctured the R-12 can.
- Turn the dispensing valve handle counterclockwise until you hear the refrigerant leaving the can. Hold the can upright until the can is empty.
- Unscrew the hose from the low-side service port and replace dust cover.
- Remove the R-12 can from the locking clamp and discard. Always leave the piercing stem in the upright position to prevent future accidental piercing.
© 2016 The Armor All/STP Products Company,
a Spectrum Brands company.